COMMUNITY

COMMUNITY

Canadian School of Florence expands to Fiesole

Back in 2016, The Florentine wrote about Blyth Academy Florence, a new international school about to be inaugurated. Four years on, we revisit the school, now the Canadian School of ...

COMMUNITY

Europass Teacher Academy offers new online courses for teachers

In response to the global health crisis and in an effort to support teachers of Italian schools as they adapt to changing education standards, Europass Teacher Academy in Florence is ...

COMMUNITY

Why use a S.A.P.A. to invest safely in Italy

Safe investments in Italy are possible with the right tools   In the World Bank’s “doing business 2020” ranking, Italy is positioned in the 58th place before Kosovo and ...

COMMUNITY

The joy of learning Italian well

The Italian Dream   Close your eyes and try to imagine how nice it would be to be able to understand and speak Italian once and for all, just as ...

COMMUNITY

Covid-19 and the parenting experience in Tuscany

I genuinely do not believe that I could have been any more shocked if you had picked me up and dumped me on Mars and told me to get on ...

COMMUNITY

Information campaign to support UK nationals in Italy

If you are resident in Italy before the transition period ends on 31 December 2020, you will be able to stay.

COMMUNITY

Sense and sensibility: don’t let down your guard

A reminder of the Covid-19 rules in place in Florence and Tuscany.

COMMUNITY

Property management service in Florence

For those of you who adore spending your evenings listening to the trials and tribulations at the annual condominium meeting or who thrive on finding the best deal amongst ...

COMMUNITY

Discover Investor Visa for Italy

Italy is one of the main economies and markets in the world, a country full of opportunities and with an increasingly developed attention towards foreign investors.   In recent ...

COMMUNITY

The housing virus

I’m never quite sure which is more depressing: renting a place in Florence or looking for someone to rent one. The same problem afflicts both parties: too many people are ...

COMMUNITY

Healthy aging in Tuscany

My book Healthy Aging: Well-being and Sexuality at Menopause and Beyond comes from the clinical observations I made throughout my professional career (www.annaghizzani.it). Re-thinking about what happens during appointments is ...

COMMUNITY

Italy’s advantageous policies for taxing inheritance

Inheritance taxation in Italy is much more advantageous than in other European countries. In fact, it ranges from 4% to 8% and in many cases is not even applicable. ...

COMMUNITY

Children’s summer camps to start on June 15      

Pre-enrolment now open for summer camps in and around Florence

COMMUNITY

Soon there will be flowers: Editor’s letter

“Soon There Will Be Flowers,” the June Issue of The Florentine will be out on June 4.

COMMUNITY

Radio Cavolo: Florence’s newest radio station

Confined to our homes for the last two months, we have had a lot of time to indulge in entertainment media. Many are the memes bewailing their author’s Netflix dependency, ...

COMMUNITY

Family resources in Florence

For those with younger members of the family around, an undeniable struggle throughout this lockdown has been entertaining children who normally enjoy the stimulation of a packed school day. Thankfully, ...

COMMUNITY

Frances Mayes, Always Italy

Frances Mayes usually spends her springs in Cortona, at her famous Bramasole, the villa that is at the center of her bestselling book Under the Tuscan Sun and the dream ...

COMMUNITY

Annette Joseph, Italy is my Boyfriend

Annette Joseph has made styling, decorating, entertaining, Italian lifestyle and all round having fun her life’s mission. She shares her passionate love for Italy, her home styling tips and recipes ...

COMMUNITY

Life after study abroad in Florence

On Friday, February 28, I woke up to the email:    In accordance with UW-Madison’s international travel policy, university-sponsored programming in Italy is cancelled due to the CDC issuing a ...

COMMUNITY

Supporting British Nationals with Brexit procedures

The programme is part of a wider initiative through which the UK Government and IOM aim to provide assistance to British citizens in Europe.

COMMUNITY

How to wear a mask

We’ve been told we all have to “use” face protection in Tuscany, but exactly how this should be done seems to challenge a number of locals. The Florentine’s resident illustrator ...

COMMUNITY

Virtually Florence (or “Phase Two”): Editor’s letter

“When will I be able to come back to Florence?” is the question I’ve been asked time and time again. Not knowing how to reply sums up the uncertainty with which we are all faced.

COMMUNITY

We rub our eyes in the daylight

Saturday evening, February 29, I found myself eating in an Oltrarno restaurant, Antico Ristoro di Cambi. The place was packed to the gills, but fish was a rare sight on ...

COMMUNITY

On “radical sabbatical” with David Bach

On the Friday before lockdown, I sat down for an hour or so with David Bach, one of America’s bestselling financial authors, who’s currently on a “radical sabbatical” with his ...

LIGHT MODE
DARK MODE