COMMUNITY

COMMUNITY

‘Un colpo d’aria’

Homeopathic doctors will tell you that illness starts as a psychological issue and has to do with your state of mind. Not only. It also has to do with the ...

COMMUNITY

May in Tuscany

Bright and early on a May morning, somewhere in the Tuscan countryside, a little band of children is gathering. Along the country lanes, they knock at the door of every farmhouse and stand and sing their repertoire of May-time songs, all about cuckoos and spring flowers and boys and

COMMUNITY

‘In bocca al lupo’

In Italy, it is good luck to touch iron. Knocking on wood will do nothing for you. It is also good luck to touch the hump of a hunchback or stroke the nose of a wild boar. Fortune will also smile kindly upon you if you jump when you see

COMMUNITY

‘Anche l’occhio vuole la sua parte’

For three years, I had the good fortune of living with two Italian painters. This is relevant to me, mostly because when it was my turn to make a meal, I always got painter-related commentary. They never told me how good or bad my food tasted. Instead, they’

COMMUNITY

“Non te la prendere”: offending with affection

Years of Italian living has taught me that one must be brave when talking to Italians, mostly because they will always tell you what they know.   If you have ...

LIGHT MODE
DARK MODE